Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Kim's Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe

Get your vita-mix on the counter ready to go....

I put all my fresh fruit in the freezer so the smoothies are cooler, so when I say frozen fruit I mean fresh frozen



1- fill the container with 2 cups of water
2- half of a lemon with the rind and all just cut it in half and throw it in
3- 2 handfuls of frozen or unfrozen grapes
4- 2 hand fulls of frozen strawberries or unfrozen
5- 2 big hand fulls of fresh spinach

6- one box of blueberries frozen or not on top the spinach
7- 2 bananas on the very top

This will make 4 glasses
    This is a basic recipe, you can add some fresh ginger, and cilantro, or kale instead of spinach
I use any fruit I have, it will be delicious no matter what, even one banana will work, that is what makes them smooth.

If you are using a Vita-Mix then you know that you start our on low and move up to high then switch over to high and let it
go for a minute and half or untill blended, if you have to add water go ahead as much as you want to make it as thick or thin.
Let me know how you changed it when you make a few, it is fun and really really good for you!!!! Great Breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment